Biological Macromolecules Section
The purpose of the AIC Section on Biological Macromolecules (BMM) is to further the advancement of all aspects and applications of crystallographic techniques, and of single particle cryo-EM, to proteins, nucleic acids and their complexes, while promoting communication between AIC members active or interested in the variate developments of these fields.
The aim of the BMM web-page is to connect the structural biology and crystallographic groups in Italy to the main European facilities, to the forthcoming meetings and courses, suppliers, employment opportunities and to specialized or generally useful software packages. We also aim to foster discussion and exchange of ideas, materials, and promote collaboration between groups.
Nothing of this kind happens without the continuous and careful contributions of the community, which is invited to contribute with news, ideas, offers, etc. This is particularly valuable in Italy, where the structural biology groups are located in quite diverse Departments and scientific environments, and may be relatively under-dimensioned. We aim to help all through these pages and the associated information flow.
All constructive suggestions for improving our communication are very welcome. Please let us know what you would like to see in this page and contribute to it!
Stefano Mangani – email@example.com – Coordinator
Rocco Caliandro – firstname.lastname@example.org – web content editor
Andrea Ilari – email@example.com
Marina Mapelli – firstname.lastname@example.org
BMM Research groups
Department of Biomedical Sciences, University of Padua
Giuseppe Zanotti, Tito Calì, Paola Berto, Francesca Vallese, Alessandro Grinzato.
Department of Biology and Biotechnology, University of Pavia
Andrea Mattevi, Claudia Binda, Federico Forneris, Francesca Magnani, Stefano Rovida.
Department of Chemical Sciences, University of Padua
Roberto Battistutta, Elisa Costanzi, Valentina Furlanetto.
CIBIO – Centre for Integrative Biology, University of Trento
Graziano Lolli, Giulia Cazzanelli, Andrea Dalle Vedove.
CNR – Institute of Crystallography, Bari
- PDB: 6QUF and 6QUK. Protein crystallizatino by ionic liquid hydrogel support
- PDB: 6FSW Structure of Archaeoglobus fulgidus SBDS protein at 1.9 Angstrom
- PDB: 5H6Z and 5WW0, Crystal structure of Set7, a novel histone methyltransferaase in Schizossacharomyces pombe
- PDB: 5TZL, Pt(II)-mediated copper-dependent interactions between ATOX1 and MNK1
- SASBDB: SASDET8, GTPase Elongation Factor like-1 bound Shwachman-Diamond Syndrome protein (EFL1*SDo1)
- SASBDB: SASDAC8, SDS hydrolase SdsA1
- SASBDB: SASDEV8, Shwachman-Diamond Syndrome protein (yeast SD01)
- SASBDB: SASDEW8, Shwachman-Diamond Syndrome protein (SD01) with domains 2 and 3
- SASBDB: SASDEU8, GTPase Elongation Factor like-1 protein (yeast EFL1)
Martino Bolognesi, Martina Palamini, Paolo Swuec, Delia Tarantino.
Carlo Camilloni, Cristina Paissoni.
Louise-Gourlay, Stefano De Benedetti, Flavio Di Pisa.
Marco Nardini, Antonio Chaves Sanjuan, Michela Lapi.
Stefano Ricagno, Rosaria Russo, Cristina Visentin, Luca Oberti, Luca Broggini.
Mario Milani, Eloise Mastrangelo, Michela Bollati, Francesco Boni, Federica Cossu, Matteo De Rosa.
Emilio Parisini, Stefano Donini, Tommano Prosdocimi, Chiara Vettraino, Arthimede Torretta, Sara Abbate.
Laboratory of Protein Crystallography and BioXAS. PX for drug discovery
Stefano Mangani, Cecilia Pozzi, Manuela Benvenuti, Giusy Tassone, Federica Carucci, Ludovica Lopresti.
Biocrystallography and Biomineralization group
Giuseppe Falini, SImona Fermani, Giulia Magnabosco, Devis Montroni, Francesco Lanero, Veronica Bissi, Andrea Condorelli.
- PDB: 6H7G, Crystal structure of redox-sensitive phosphoribulokinase (PRK) from the green algae Chlamydomonas reinhardtii
- PDB: 6H7H, Crystal structure of redox-sensitive phosphoribulokinase (PRK) from Arabidopsis thaliana
- PDB: 6Q46, 6Q47, Crystal structure of thioredoxin h1 from Chlamydomonas reinhardtii
- PDB: 6Q6T, 6Q6U, 6Q6V, Crystal structure of C39S mutant of thioredoxin h1 from Chlamydomonas reinhardtii
- PDB: 6I19, Crystal structure of Chlamydomonas reinhardtii thioredoxin h1
- PDB: 6I1C, Crystal structure of Chlamydomonas reinhardtii thioredoxin f2
- PDB: 5ND5, 5ND6, Crystal structure of apo transketolase from Chlamydomonas reinhardtii
- PDB: 5NLF, 5NLI, 5NMC, 5NL4, 5NL5, 5NLJ, Crystal structure of Zn3-hUb(human ubiquitin) adduct
CNR – Institute of Crystallography, Trieste
Doriano Lamba, Sonia Covaceuszach, Alessandro Pesaresi, Alberto Cassetta.
Ganpiero Garau, Eleonora Margheritis, Valentina De Lorenzi, Sara Chiarugi, Elisa Martino.
Marina Mapelli, Sebastiano Pasqualato, Valentina Cecatiello, Danilo Faccenda, Chiara Gaddoni, Silvia Monzani, Valentina Palmerini, Laura Pirovano, Cristina Renna, Francesca Rizzelli.
Stefano Benini, Rosanna Caliandro, Ivan Polsinelli.
- PDB: 6FRW, X-ray structure of the levansucrase from Erwinia tasmaniensis
- PDB: 5O8P, The crystal structure of DfoA bound to FAD, the desferrioxamine biosynthetic pathway cadaverine monooxygenase from the fire blight disease pathogen Erwinia amylovora
- PDB: 5O3Z, Crystal structure of Sorbitol-6-Phosphate 2-dehydrogenase SrlD from Erwinia amylovora
- PDB: 5O5C, The crystal structure of DfoJ, the desferrioxamine biosynthetic pathway lysine decarboxylase from the fire blight disease pathogen Erwinia amylovora
- PDB: 5O7O, The crystal structure of DfoC, the desferrioxamine biosynthetic pathway acetyltransferase/Non-Ribosomal Peptide Synthetase (NRPS)-Independent Siderophore (NIS) from the fire blight disease pathogen Erwinia amylovora
- PDB: 5O8R, The crystal structure of DfoA bound to FAD and NADP; the desferrioxamine biosynthetic pathway cadaverine monooxygenase from the fire blight disease pathogen Erwinia amylovora
- PDB: 5FRK, SeMet crystal structure of Erwinia amylovora AmyR amylovoran repressor, a member of the YbjN protein family
- PDB: 5FR7, Erwinia amylovora AmyR amylovoran repressor, a member of the YbjN protein family
Adele di Matteo, Giorgio Giardina, Annarita Fiorillo, Andrea Ilari, Linda Celeste Montemiglio, Linda Savino, Beatrice Vallone,
Menico Rizzi, Davide Maria Ferraris, Silvia Garavaglia, Riccardo Miggiano, Franca Rossi.
- PDB: 5MP7, Crystal structure of phosphoribosylpyrophosphate synthetase from Mycobacterium smegmatis
- PDB: 5HKF, Crystal structure of Mycobacterium tuberculosis H37Rv orotate phosphoribosyltransferase in complex with 5-phospho-alpha-D-ribosyl 1-diphosphate (PRPP)
- PDB: 5LLQ, Crystal structure of Sulfolobus solfataricus O6-methylguanine methyltransferase C119F variant
- PDB: 5FHZ, Human aldehyde dehydrogenase 1A3 complexed with NAD(+) and retinoic acid
Francesco Angelucci, Rodolfo Ippoliti, Francesco Giansanti, Matteo Ardini, Luana Di Leandro, Silvestri Ilaria, Francesca Fata,