HERCULES 2016 – European School
26 Years of Neutron & Synchrotron Radiation Science
2016 session: 29 March-29 April, 2016
Deadline for application: 31 October 2015
HERCULES is a European course for PhD students and young researchers using Neutrons and Synchrotron Radiation for applications in Biology, Chemistry, Physics, Hard & Soft Condensed Matter.
The 1-month school includes lectures (60%), hands-on practicals and tutorials at partner institutes (DESY and European XFEL in Hamburg, Ellettra and FERMI in Trieste, ESRF, ILL in Grenoble, Soleil and LLB near Paris, SLS in Switzerland) and Grenoble Laboratories (CEA, CNRS, EMBL, IBS).
The school includes a common part and two parallel sessions:
– Biomolecular, soft condensed matter structure & dynamics
– Physics and chemistry of condensed matter
Why join Hercules ?
– to learn new techniques using neutron and synchrotron radiation
– to expand your theoretical and practical knowledge, not only for your present research but for your scientific career
– to experiment these techniques on world-class instruments & beamlines
– to build a network of relations with fellow young researchers and experienced teachers from all around the World
– A limited number of bursaries will be available either to reduce registration fees or cover travel costs.
Hercules website: http://hercules-school.eu/
Full list of lectures: http://hercules-school.eu/24-session-program.htm
Download the full 2015 Booklet (lectures, practicals..)
Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org